PACKAGING & ASSEMBLY
Integra Technologies offers turnkey IC Packaging services for custom, high-performance and high-reliability microelectronics. This includes a full range of design, lean manufacturing and test services for a variety of applications. Our turnkey services are bolstered by our experience in a variety of IC package material technologies, die attach methodologies (solder, epoxy and eutectic), hermetic devices, and IC package including, but not limited to Ball Grid Array (BGA), QFN, DFN, Chip Scale Package (CSP), and Ceramic leadless Chip Carrier (CLCC).
We help customers introduce their new products to market in the fastest time possible by providing high quality, quick-turn assembly. We support high volume production from our facility in Milpitas, CA or technology transfers into large volume offshore factories.
IC package engineering assembly services include:
- Die attach
- Ultra-fine pitch Wire bond (Al & Au)
- Flip Chip
- Encapsulation and transfer mold
- Substrate solder ball attach
- Device Singulation
Integra's System-in-Package & MCM solutions offer the capabilities of a complete system in one device.
By reducing the footprint of the package on the final board assembly, a system in package provides expanded functionality in a smaller form factor. As a high-performance IC packaging provider, Integra Technologies can design, assemble and test custom System-in-Package (SiP) devices. Our SiP solutions can help product developers achieve next-generation performance levels. By combining the functionality of a complete system into one packaged device, a SiP solution offers reductions in size, weight and power (SWaP) that are critical to next-generation performance in defense and medical applications. In addition, a SiP solution reduces interconnect and trace lengths, minimizing the impact of parasitic and improving overall electrical performance. Integra Technologies capabilities in manufacturing multi-chip devices, surface mount assemblies, and flip chip and wire bond interconnects, enable the development of complete system-in-package solutions to improve performance and reduce footprint.
Multiple complex die in a single package or substrate ranging from ASIC’s, Microprocessors, Micro-controllers and Memory Chips
Many surface mount components from resistors, capacitors, etc.
Stacked die with interposers, epoxy or DAF
Combination of flip chip and wire bonded die
Die to die as well as die to substrate bonding
Organic BGA and Chip on Board substrates to a variety of ceramic substrates
Complex Multi-Die/Multi-Component SIP Assembly-µSDcard
4-Stacked Micron 32G NAND, Silicon Motion Controller, TI Multi-Func Gate, Microship Reset Monitor, atmel Attiny 85 micro-controller, etc.
Complex Multi-Die/Multi-Component Hybrid Assembly
Multi-Die Space Level Hybrid Assembly
4 Flip Chip Die/Multi-Component 1956 Ball BGA Assembly
Die attach is the foundation of the assembly process; it is the first critical step in the process and getting it right is essential for a reliable finished product. Die-Attach processes available at Integra:
- Die attach using various conductive, non-conductive epoxy and Die-Attach-Film (DAF)
- Die attach of ceramic packages using silver glass adhesive
- Eutectic die attach is a highly controlled die attach process and is perfect for high-reliability and high-accuracy requirement devices. Epoxies and other fluid bonding solutions cannot address high thermal conduction like eutectic die bonds can, making automated eutectic die attach the most viable high-process capability packaging solution.
STANDARD IC PACKAGING
Integra Technologies partners with customers to provide them with the highest-quality IC assembly services to achieve their goals. We help companies introduce their new products to market in the fastest time possible by providing high quality, quick-turn assembly. Integra assembles ICs in prototype and production volumes to help you qualify your designs and provide quality samples to your customers.
Integra understands that time is of the essence in this fast-paced technology. We use state-of-the-art machines in our facility to support and turn many different types of IC assemblies in as quickly as 4 hours. Our flexibility in meeting customer requirements and our superior customer service separate us from all other assembly subcontractors worldwide.
Standard IC Packages Available:
Hermetic & Ceramic - From wafer to finished product, Integra can deliver in as quickly as 4 hours! Integra assembles all types of hermetic and ceramic packages including:
- PGAs (pin-up or pin-down configurations-with and without heat sinks)
- Quad Flat-Pack
- Cerdip, Cerpak
- Ceramic SOIC
- JLCC (PLCC equivalent)
- Metal Cans
Plastic - Integra can assemble devices into Open Cavity plastic packages in prototype quantities in as quickly as 8 hours from receipt of the packages! Plastic Open Cavity package equivalents are available for:
- And other package configurations
BGA - Ball Grid Array Assembly capabilities include:
- Ultra-fine pitch bonding
- All Ball Configurations, Wire Counts, and Body Sizes
- Customer or Integra-supplied substrates
- Sealing Method: dam and fill, transfer mold, open cavity, or Integra's proprietary temporary sealing method for easy access to die
- Substrate design and fabrication
QFN & DFN - Integra can assemble your IC die into a wide range of QFN and DFN options:
- Leadframes ranging from 3x3mm to 12x12mm body sizes
- Pin counts from 8 to 88 leads
- Custom leadframe design and fabrication in as little as 3 weeks
Interconnect plays an important role in determining the speed and reliability of your product. At Integra, we offer a variety of processes for Aluminum and Gold wire bonding including ultra-fine pitch bonding and the latest in flip chip technology.
- Flip Chip in package (FCIP) such as FCBGA and Flip Chip on board (FCOB)
- Organic laminates or ceramic substrates
- Single or multiple Flip Chip and wire-bonded IC's in hybrids or multi-chip modules
- Bonding of solder bumped dice to substrates with an accuracy as tight as 5 microns
- Solder joints are reflowed in nitrogen under tight temperature control and reflow profiles are available for eutectic and also for lead-free solder
- Gold stud bumping
- Studded die can be thermosonically joined to customer substrates, or soldered using a gold tolerant solder
The type of material and method of attachment used to encapsulate a device can be critical in determining the completed package class. At Integra, we offer a large variety of encapsulation options to meet all our customers’ requirements.
- Transfer Mold
- Glob-Top / Dam & Fill
- Lid Options:
- Lid Seal Options
- Glass Frit (hermetic)
- Solder (hermetic)
QUICK TURN PRODUCTION
Prototypes & Pre-Production
For quick-turn prototyping, Integra is unsurpassed in producing highly complex products such as Flip Chip or wirebonded BGA or chip-scale devices with thousands of bumps or wire bonds. For new product development, where time-to-market is of utmost importance, especially in highly competitive markets, Integra customers will request quick-turns as fast as 8 to 24 hours. This leads to faster introduction of customers' products into the market resulting in greater market share and increased profitability for our customers. Integra is the sole source provider of prototyping services in Flip Chip and wire bonded BGA's for many fabless companies as well as full IDMs (Integrated Device Manufacturers with wafer fabs) and OEM's with application specific devices. Integra also is the designated provider for pre-production quantities, overflow production, and for end-of-quarter or end-of-year production surges for many customers.
Quick Turn Production
- 4-8 hours to less than 5 days
- Pre arranged slots available
- Small quantities to complex jobs in higher volumes
- Backgrind and Dice 1 wafer 4 hours
- 12 wafers – dice, grind, inspect, assemble 400 complex Microfluidic assemblies – 2 days
- 2 wafers – dice, grind, inspect, assemble to 500 BGA image sensors assembled – 2 days
- Assemble 50 die into WLCSP BGA in a 24 hour turn