Assurance of Test Quality
Basic steps that can help measure the quality of your test:
- Take control of selecting your test lab
- Ask for detailed quotes listing specific parameters tested
- Request a specification summary for the targeted tester
- Does the tester have enough pins?
- Does it have accurate enough DC and AC resources?
- Can the tester run at the required device frequency?
- For linear and less complex devices request a full test datalog
- The datalog should show all the DC test limits and measurements
- Functional tests generally are not listed
- Ask for an open-socket datalog since this will show that tests fail when no device is present
- For higher complexity devices
- Ask for a test key that gives the details of the functional test
- Request a list of device instructions executed in a program
- Visit your lab and perform a sample review of actual test programs
- Run the program on the tester and have an engineer show how the tester and program operate