Integra is an industry leader in performing Plastic Encapsulated Microcircuit (PEM) qualifications for Integrated Circuits (ICs) with over 800 lots processed to date (data available upon request). With increased usage of Copper and Silver bond wires in PEMs, a new Laser Ablation decapping technique has been developed that allows for device decapsulation with little or no acid attack.
- Cleanly remove mold compound using laser technology rather than traditional acid processes.
- Expose wire bonds without damage to other components.
- Laser/Chemical De-encapsulation is repeatable.
- Laser/chemical process results in tighter distribution.
- Average and maximum breaking force was similar for both acid only and laser ablation/chemical but minimum breaking force was higher when laser/chemical process was used.
- Bond pull strengths above the 2X limit of gold bond wires.
- Cleaner opening with less damage to bond pads, lead frames and overall wire bonds.